At SikSilk We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Contact details, such as, Name, email, telephone number, Home/Billing address
- Account information, password and log in details.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
What do we do with your data? Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
- We may, from time to time, use your personal information to administer a prize draw or competition but this will only happen if you have chosen to enter
As part of our marketing programme, we may pool and share aggregated data with third parties. We then use this data to produce statistics about our customers. This helps us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts to you and to inform you about those which we think you will be interested to hear about - This information will not be used to identify any individual user.
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and Services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to SikSilk search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
Sharing Your Data
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Third party service providers processing personal data on SikSilk’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
SikSilk will periodically audit the use of data by any third parties to which it shares your information
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Your rights related to your personal data:
You have the right to request:
(i) Access to your personal data;
(ii) The correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
(iii) The deletion of your personal data.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us atMail@SikSilk.com.
We work with Klarna AB Klarna AB (“Klarna”) is a provider of financial services. Klarna's principal place of business is at Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Klarna is registered with the Swedish companies register under the registration number 556737-0431 and licensed by and under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (www.fi.se), Box 7821, 10397 Stockholm, Sweden, and the Swedish Data Protection Authority (http://www.datainspektionen.se/in-english/), Box 8114, 10420 Stockholm, Sweden.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
To modify your email subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving SikSilk communication(s), please log into your SikSilk account and modify your preferences in the "My Details" section of our website.
To opt out of the SikSilk basket reminder emails please follow the link on the bottom of the basket reminder email.
To opt out of the SikSilk SMS’s please text SIKSTOP to 88440
You can also contact us to exercise your rights related to your personal data via the email address customer@SikSilk.com
DBS Clothing LTD,
Unit 8A Plaxton Park,
Cayton Low Road,